Friday, June 06, 2014

Record the moments.....

I look at you as you sleep in my arms. Full after a meal, content. I land you down, you stir and open your eyes, express your displeasure at being away from me. I hold you close again and you close your eyes and smile.

Someday you will be too old to sleep in my arms, you will choose your own clothes to wear. You will eat your own meals with your own hands. How time flies- seems like just a few days ago you were this wailing milk guzzling newborn. I must cherish these days. They won't come back. I must record your smiles, giggles, wails and cries all in my mind.

You wake up.....we exchange smiles. I lift you high in the air, the way you love it. In my mind I try to record all the expressions and giggles.

And you spit in my face.......

Yes motherhood still rocks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...